Monday, September 25, 2006

rah nuff writing

OK - Bad news! To start off with....
Locked In at the Half Moon Theatre is sold out! And has been for about a month! Big apologies for not sorting out a trip sooner...it's entirely my fault, and to make up for my wrongdoing I am resigning.
(pause)
I decided not to resign in the end, but I will sacrifice 3 tickets instead. So if anyone is desperately seeking tickets to see
Locked In on Thursday night at 7pm (I'm hoping 3 of you will go together - preferably 3 of you who don't know each other as well!) and can make your own way there - you can have them. Maddie, I know you were up for reviewing the show for Croydon Advertiser (who said they would print a review of it!) - are you still able to make it?

Here's the better news.....
Your Exhibition 'Croydon Now' looks terrific and last Thursday's grand opening was pretty fun, despite the fact I can't remember half of it. The work ain't over for those of you who want more! Get thinking about what/who we might programme for the tiny performance space and when - we can invite people from the film, ur mates from school/college, talented people, talentless people, comedians, singers, speakers, musicians........I'm going to get Jonathan Kennedy (you know who I mean!) to speak to you all about programming, so you can see what's involved and it will help you get started (potential Arts Award contribution too! And preparation for the Ambassador Showcase). The little performances could take place anytime, during Museum opening hours and in the Croydon Now space, within the Museum. We can then make a programme of events and give them out, mail them out, make paper airplanes from them and fly them out! The list is endless.....

Arts Award: If you're doing the Arts Award, I'll leave it up to you to get hold of me and arrange a meeting. I'll speak to you about how your involvement in the Croydon Now exhibition has meant you've already done a big part of the award already! The Showcase event as well as the Croydon Now 'mini-event programming' can also stand as a big part of the Arts Award!

Next Ambassador Meeting: will be Wednesday 11th October in workshop 2 at the usual time (Emma wants to drop by and say hello and goodbye - but not forever I hope!) and afterwards the show, Locked In at 8pm. Is anyone going this week to see We Can Be Heroes? or Throat? If so, when are you going?

Hey, way too much writing here to write anymore.....so I'm off and will blog soon....

2 Comments:

Blogger x- hazel eyes -x said...

me and my new found friends will do a play or sum jazz lyk dat :DD

5:54 pm  
Blogger irony in motion said...

Olly, you knoooow I can't come on Thursday, we can't get there in time because of school, remember? When you told me about the review I thought you meant after seeing it at the Clocktower, sorry.

Also, I know I still haven't done one for Pluck, which I'd like to say is mainly because I've been alternately writing and worrying about my English coursework for a good part of the week, but I've done that now, so I shall try to get round to it.

6:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home