Sunday, June 18, 2006

Video Treatment

I hope this is something along the lines of what you meant, Emma:

WHO?
- Young people in Croydon: people we stop on the street who are willing to take part, and also I think there was the idea of getting people we know to dance/sing/perform in some other way.
- People who act up to the camera; people who are natural; people who stand there and go "erm..." - all as important as each other

WHAT?
- Video - we'll be split up into three groups, but I now can't remember if the consensus was to edit everything together into one big film? Was that right? (Honestly, I don't know why I'm doing this, I clearly have no idea what I'm writing.)
- Around half an hour long, to be run on a loop
- Thinking about types of shot, where to shoot from, storyboarding shots

WHEN?
- Shot in the morning, in the afternoon and at night - different groups taking a different time of day, I think
- And possibly in July/August

WHERE?
- Routes and walks around Croydon: finding places to interview people, different backdrops, recognisably Croydon? Three different routes?
- Thinking about lighting, acoustics, background noise
- Some of us went to look at the Whitgift Centre today, which we agreed had potential - we liked the chequered floor and the big spaces - although background noise could be a problem during the day.
- However, I have no idea where Olly or Emma's groups went to - where did you go? I'll put those in as well if you tell me.

WHY?
- I assume to try to show the range of opinions, talents, and aspirations of young people in Croydon, and to give an idea of what it's like to live here




(Can you tell I've never written anything like this before?)

Maddie

1 Comments:

Blogger ot said...

fantastic! I'll add some notes of my own too

11:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home